Friday, June 20, 2008

Icing On the Cake...

Just to round out and complete the circle of my previous post, i felt compelled to share this story.

Driving to work today, I noticed a Honda Pilot in front of me.  License plate looked familiar, stickers - yup...it was my close friend Cathy.  I give her a toot as we approach the rotary.  I get the looks in the rearview as well as the side mirrors (Jess - I thought of you and started to giggle).  We both exit the rotary at the same point, she sets up to take an immediate left.  I skooched by on the right and give the old "toot-toot...toot-toot-toot".  Sure enough, as I drive away I look in the mirror and see the peace sign.  

I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard.  I called her on the cell and we both couldn't come up for air - she had recognized my car as i drove off into the distance.  She was so peeved at me that she was pulling into a small shopping lot to a.) get away from me and b.) drown herself in a Starbucks coffee to calm her nerves (??).

Ahh...hilarious good times.  Even my good friends pull road rage on me.  It's an epidemic.

P.S. The fact that Betsy had road rage while WALKING still has me in stitches.



2 comments:

the higgins family said...

AH, RITA....just goes to show you...no one likes to be tooted on.

and, yes, i did have road rage while walking and someday i will tell you the story.

The Giorgios said...

Too funny! Love it.