Monday, June 9, 2008

Bring Back Barry

"Vivvvaaaaaaaaa Viagra!"  I cannot get this tune out of my head.  I walk around the house and find myself humming it and belting out "vivvaaaa viagra!"  SERIOUSLY??  Have you seen this commercial of the dude in the recording studio with his buddies?

I like commercials.  A lot.  My family and I will discuss them, and not just after the Super Bowl. But most of them lack that catchy, get-your-fingers-snapping, thing that makes you remember what they are selling. Instead we get a list of warnings and side-effects. 

Who has high blood-pressure? Who has high cholesterol? Who is suffering from ailments in the belly?  Is the prostrate shrinking? Are you losing your hearing? If you take this,  you'll feel like that.  And what exactly IS fibromyalgia?  Never heard of it - I need to Google it.

But then, every night, there is viagra.  How awkward is that when you are watching tv with your nieces and nephews and we're all psyched cuz Manny Ramirez just hit a grand-slam or Kevin Garnett just banked one off the glass for three points? Yeah - it's awkward.

I need a new commercial jingle to latch onto....where's Barry when you need him?        


5 comments:

The Giorgios said...

Barry...well afterall, he is the guy who writes the songs that make the WHOLE WORLD sing. Perhaps he could get us singing about...I don't know...Prozac or Zoloft to the tune of "I Can't Smile Without You."

me, dummy said...

have you seen that commercial for some feminine hygeine product by the makers of vagisil that's a test for vaginal infections????? it starts out with this worried looking woman pacing around her house worrying about all the itching and burning. is it a yeast infection? maybe, but how can she be sure? then they show the product that has some sort of SWAB, for crying out loud, and you match the color it turns to some chart...and they're all some shade of GREEN. REALLY???????? i was dumbfounded. i like commercials too. but this one left me a little unsettled.

denise, the honey crew said...

what about the genital herpes commercial - the couple that is so in love, set to muzaic - in the end, they can be in love because it is not curable but treatable.

as for the alert! alert! alert! - are you getting tickets?

Rita Jr. said...

Game is in L.A. so no, won't be getting tix. BUT i think I am getting tix to the concert and taking my 9 and 11 year old nieces - they LOVE David Cook. yeah, okay, and I do too... : )

the higgins family said...

every time the fibromyalga commercial comes on i get rage. i hate that woman and her fibromy. it kills me!!!!!