Saturday, October 11, 2008

Leroy!

When I was little, in the 6, 7, 8-ish range, my sister owned a bright red Chevrolet Camaro.  It was slick, it was cool, it was BAD.  She's about 18 years older than me and started her career as a teacher.  I'm sure she was one of the most popular teachers at the school - not just because she is really, really nice, but also because she had that car!  I hung out with Carol all the time while my Mom and Dad were working - she the oldest & me the youngest....the bookends. Carol listened to some great music and it is one of my fondest memories with her growing up.  A particular favorite that always makes me think of Carol is Jim Croce's Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.  Every time I hear it on the radio, it always lifts my spirits, whether they need them or not!  We danced in the kitchen or cruised in that Camaro to a great many tunes.  We had FUN!   I just heard it on the radio and it stirred some good memories...I cherish those days...and I miss that Camaro  :)

3 comments:

The Giorgios said...

Baddest man in the whole damn town! I have fond memories of that song too! Nice post.

me, dummy said...

lucky you - my first (and second, and third) car was a BEATER. it was totally embarrassing to ride around in. you at LEAST were tres cool by association. you could've been a geek by association riding with me.

the higgins family said...

riding around was a way of life for teens in lamesa. i have some great memories riding around in cars both cool and not so much. thanks for sparking my memory too!