Friday, October 10, 2008
A Different Simpson...
I wasn't really following the whole trial this time. I was aware - I knew there was a robbery and I knew there were threats. But when I heard last week that O.J. Simpson was found guilty and could possibly go to jail for life, I have to admit I was floored. I didn't know that the sentence for his crime could be a life sentence. It just made me pause and think about the public life this man has led, how many different ways he has engaged the public eye. Major football star, actor, a man once accused of a heinous crime and now found guilty of another. If you think about it, it makes for good fiction - except it's REAL. Wow. His lawyers are now motioning for a re-trial on the basis that the jury selection was unfair for O.J. I'll be curious to see how much further this can go. If he's not already, O.J. Simpson should be a case study on college campuses...or maybe just a really good beach read in years to come. And isn't it funny that you rarely see white Broncos on the road anymore?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a sad life story, for sure. I can only assume, at this point, that he must have had it coming. Karma.
Post a Comment