Wednesday, February 4, 2009

While Emily Was Yachting It Up...

I'm not usually one to brag. Really. But I just had one heck of a week and I wanted to share it with all of you. My inspiration for dedicating this space to my fantastic week, was a friend that just returned from her own fantastic week of sailing on a private yacht around the British Virgin Islands. I know I'll be seeing pics and hearing about that trip. But it makes me giggle, and feeling giddy, to let her in on what I did all week too (she's not the only one having all sorts of fun). I contemplated calling Oprah - more specifically, Harpo Productions - to relay my special story. Oprah likes the finer things, and I figured she'd be quite interested. But, again, I didn't want to brag, so I abandoned that idea.

Therefore, I share these pics with you. There aren't many at all, but you can see for yourself how exotic, exciting, at times enticing, and joyful was my week. If you're interested, just send me an email and I can give you information about how to setup a trip like this for yourself - it wasn't difficult. And man! did I have fun!

Typically 8:30am-5:30pm we (it was one of those all- inclusive deals and fairly crowded) spent time exploring the inner recesses of these objects:


To be truthful, this hurt the head a little bit, but nothing good old Bayer aspirin couldn't cure!

After that invigorating brain high, we were invited to clear certain areas of the resort grounds for easy passage - clearing over and over and over and over again. We did this using shovels. Funny. There must have been a method to the madness, but I still haven't figured that one out yet. Regardless, what fun! So much so - I am sharing two pics:



Sorry ~ I know they are dark and they don't quite capture the essence of the experience, but trust me - it was worth it.

Finally, there was a lot of gathering around this activity. Laughter, just a few tears (you know~ that confused me, but everyone has the right to a good cry, right?) and, thankfully, no accidents. It can be risky out there, but we were prepared. This particular activity is a total hands-on experience. Yes. I have decided it was definitely this ritual that made me feel especially 'special' - special to have been a part of this gazillion-in-a-lifetime opportunity. They just don't come around often enough:


In summary: Invigorating. Inspiring. Relaxing. Memorable. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Something tells me I will ~ ~ real soon.

Hey Hart of Texas - Welcome back! You were missed! I'm so glad you had this wonderful opportunity. Now get blogging and tell us all about it! ;)

5 comments:

the higgins family said...

rita...the snow ALONE wins you the prize for the worst week while emily was away! love your summary...you are one funny gal!

denise, the honey crew said...

rita - i think i might even take rats over this!

The Giorgios said...

Washing dishes up-hill...both ways. Love it! I'm with B, you're on funny lady!

Anonymous said...

your week kind of sounded like mine.....we must have been at similar resorts

me, dummy said...

Eh...really wasn't all that great...