Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Hear The Whisper...Loud & Clear

My sister called last night to say she did nothing all day (Labor Day).  That's an oddity for her....she hosted a family party the day before and she deserved the r & r.  I was happy she did nothing.  But she must have done something, right? Did she just sit & stare? Even after she explained nothing, I asked: "So, what did you do?"  She did do something.  She chilled on her deck, read for a bit, and then proceeded to get glued to a show she'd never seen and yet loved every minute of (a new television helps immensely in this)....a two-hour marathon on the National Geographic Channel.  That's right - Cesar Millan!  She doesn't have a dog....I don't have a dog.  But we both have sat for Casey the Beagle - our other sister's dog.  And my brother arrived at the party with his family that now includes a new puppy - a cockerpoodle, named Tessie, after the Red Sox song.  No - I don't have a dog.  And I watch the show.  Often.  But I DO have something.  A crush. (yes, another one).

On Cesar.

Hilariously enough, my sister wants to apply his techniques to her every-day work environment, managing an office.  Now THAT I would love to see in action!!  I have to direct her to the website to remind her that his tagline is "Achieving balance between people and dogs"....that's people and DOGS, Maureen.  I love it...so Zen of you, Cesar.  Come to think of it, I'll bet Maureen is successful in her new management style!  Why not, right? 

Until that potentially hilarious video hits the airwaves, I am going to continue watching Cesar and picking up tips - for family dog-sitting appointments.  (And just plain old watching Cesar). I also need to make sure I don't walk too close to my own co-workers in an attempt to keep them calm and in check.  Though that COULD come in handy...hmmm.....better go see if any re-runs are on.

5 comments:

denise, the honey crew said...

gustavo and i were addicted to that show about a year ago. we quit watching when we had seen every single episode....3 times. i've applied his techniques to disciplining my children. after all, we are all animals!

The Giorgios said...

I, also, do not have a dog. Have had in the past, but not currently. I, also, LOVE the 'Dog Whisperer'! Betsy and I discuss him all the time (and yes, it's a serious conversion...nut jobs), and, like Denise, apply his teaching to our children. "Calm assertive energy?" Why not? The human world and dog world all operate (instinctually) by order of hierarchy. Although my little ones are less lap-dog than I'd like...alas...You're sister is brilliant. I'll bet it works!

me, dummy said...

i'll give it a looksee and if i can get my kids to "SIT" and maybe "ROLL OVER", i'll let you know.

the higgins family said...

it is no secret that i am also in love with cesar...mostly because i wish i had a dog psychology center and worked with dogs 24/7. i think maureen is DEAD ON. jess and i always discuss how to use his wisdom on the human population. it's an attitude, a way of carrying yourself, a confidence that radiates to others. i have seen every episode multiple times and will never get enough. he's such a unique guy with a unique story...i've gotta read his biography. add THAT to the growing pile of books in my bedroom. but that's for another day.

Anonymous said...

agree, we LOVE cesar, we also have seen every episode several times. it should work on children as well.....