Thursday, August 21, 2008

In My Next Life, I will be a...

When posed with this question, here are the next lives I would live:

1.) Backup Singer

- My first choice, all around. Yeah, the travelling would be a grind, but I would love to backup an artist similar to James Taylor, where I would add the soul & funk to the music, and he would give me the occasional duet with him or, even better - a solo! The other type backup? To Bruce Springsteen. Where together we would harmonize and rock the party...oh YEAH! Oh...and backup to Sting, of course. No brainer, there.

2.) Professional Athlete - Olympian

- I love keeping my body in motion. It is such a blessing to wake up healthy every day and I love honoring and celebrating it with movement (yoga being my favorite of all to do this). If I could come back and play basketball or softball, that would be fun. But I'm not a huge fan of women's professional sports. So - maybe not professional, but definitely an Olympian athlete. Yes, an Olympian. And I would perform in the track & field category.

3.) Professional Chef

- I enjoy the kitchen and being in motion there too....I love to make people smile and cooking can definitely do that. I would cook for a few years, after studying with the best, then open my own small restaurant and manage it....and in a very ideal world, work it with family, to enjoy it together.

4.) DJ in a House Club

- In Miami or in a mad crazy European dance club, on Friday and Saturday nights (the hottest gig to get)....again, the motion.........the constant good vibes from the beat - putting OTHER people in motion along with me. Join me on the ride. Denise - you can make the mojitos ;)

5.) Doctor

- I would become a medical doctor and then go volunteer for Doctors Without Borders. At the same time, I'd be researching with other medical doctors toward curing cancer. (okay - I admit that sounds like an answer on Miss America, but it's true..it's something I'd like to do).

6.) Professional Artist

- I would become a professional artist and work in oils, making museum quality paintings that might mirror the style of the art from the European Renaissance.

Though there are other lives I would like to live, these top my list today....and would always stay within my top six.

How about you? What's one thing you might be in your next life?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post rita i would pick several of these things as well in my next life:

1- back up singer is pretty good, i would also sing w/sting and james taylor both of which i have seen in concert several times. rock the house.

2-i to would love to be in the olympics. i would have to say i would want to swim.

3- professional chef would great also my husband and i love to cook and i would love to be on hell's kitchen and kick gordan ramsey's ass.

4- not so into the club dj, i would have to be with denise making drinks.

5- i would so love to be a dentist, i missed my calling there, sucks to be me.

6- i'm so out on the artist.

i guess we just need to keep dreaming and maybe one of these things will come true.

me, dummy said...

i would totally sing back up with you. i have no talent, but i have lots of enthusiasm. we could work on synchronizing our dance moves - H.O.T.!

okay, so this isn't at all glamorous, but i think i'd like to be an event planner. i've had some experience in this, and i'm pretty good at it. plus...free travel, which ain't so bad.

last but not least - english professor. even now at my job i always use a red pen...it's a sickness.

the higgins family said...

i should've been a veterinarian. each and every time i take one of my four-legs to the vet i get a lump in my throat - especially when the doc comes in the room and is about 28. i totally missed my calling there and i think about it a lot.

i would've also liked to be a writer. but that might happen yet.

in a total fantasy - i, too, would be an olympian. i wouldn't even need to be one like micheal phelps. ...i would just love to be that great at a sport and, of course, win a gold medal...or two.

The Giorgios said...

These are great next life options! I definitely think you should plan on these when the next life comes around.

I'd have to really think on this. I know how hokey it sounds, but I always wanted to be a mother, so I never gave much thought beyond that. Dreams do come true...what was I thinking? No, I'm so content it's disgusting. If I come up with something more interesting, I'll let you know. I am still seeking the thing I can do while being a mother, however.

Rita Jr. said...

"something more interesting"

Jess, there's nothing more interesting than being a mother. all those things i listed? you touch upon all of those at least once as a mother...the things that being a mother opens you up to are endless...i hope i can be it one day...in THIS life :)

i half thought someone might say they wanted to come back as a tree. or a dog. or an elephant. or...

denise, the honey crew said...

rita - i loooooooove this! when i read your #1...i had james brown in my head, not james taylor. i loved the visual i had with you and james brown.

a chef...that's a good one!

dj...can't do but i could be your bff lindsey to your dj samantha.

i would love to be anything under the performing arts umbrella....namely a dancer...specifically on broadway or with a ballet company.